Mikara’s intern is responsible for developing communication strategy that will represent moreMIKARA.com. You will help to drive business results, improve brand relevance, and strengthen Mikara brand reputation. You will deal with a range of audiences that includes low-profile clients, up and coming influencers and brand officials, across brand strategy, advertising, and events. This will include:
- Setting up notes for speaking engagements and presentations
- Creating personal styling workshops syllabus, presentations and notes
- Developing contracts/agreements between Mikara and client.
- Writing/assisting with press releases.
- Creating writing templates for brands, clients and potential clients.
- Develop traffic using effective meta tags for YouTube, IG, Pinterest, Facebook, Mailchimp & Twitter
- Marketing/ Public Relations work experience
- Junior/Senior Student pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in PR, Marketing, Business or Communications, or equivalent experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work under little to no supervision, and still execute superb results.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship and persuasion skills
- Strong self-management skills, including the ability to manage time and workload against priorities
- Ability to master new, difficult concepts and content quickly and effectively and converse in different functional and brand areas
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues and maintain strict confidentiality
- Attention to detail and follow-through
Interns applying for this position should expect to go above and beyond the call of duty, in this fast-paced industry. It’s important that applicants have superb communication skills, can demonstrate organizational ability, and understand the importance of attending to the smallest details. Although this is an unpaid internship you will gain a wealth of knowledge, experience and exposure. Internship is 6 months with a max of 25 hours per week.